Mathematica partnered with the National Association of Health Data Organizations in April 2020 to create the “COVID-19 Health Data Users Group.” The Data Users Group was developed to address the learning community needs related to the pandemic. Within each session, health data experts from various settings share their knowledge with group members and discuss experiences related to COVID-19.
Previous webinars in this series:
A January 29 session featured a presentation on “Accessing and Analyzing COVID-19 Vaccine Data.”
- Pat Merryweather-Arges, Executive Director at Project Patient Care
- Jon Reid, USIIS Program Manager at Utah Department of Health
- Kate Dovgala, Director of Health Program Improvement at Mathematica
- Paul Messino, Senior Researcher at Mathematica
A July 29 session featured a presentation on “What's the risk? A comparison of COVID-19 forecasting models.”
- Ravi Goyal, Senior Statistician at Mathematica and Cindy Hu, Data Scientist at Mathematica “What's the risk? A comparison of COVID-19 forecasting models”
- Leah Hole-Marshall, J.D., General Counsel and Chief Strategist at Washington Health Benefit Exchange “Best Available Data to Inform Decisions in a Pandemic”
A July 17 session included a facilitated roundtable discussion featuring experts discussing the “Minnesota Data Consortium COVID-19 Data Sharing.”
- Tyler Winkelman, Co-Director at Hennepin Healthcare Research Institute
- Pamela Mink, Director of Health Services Research at Minnesota Department of Health “Minnesota Data Consortium COVID-19 Data Sharing”
A June 4 session featured presentations by three health data experts who will share their experience developing and using new health data in light of the pandemic response.
- Michael Lundberg, Executive Director at Virginia Health Information
- Jeff Ballou, Ph.D., Director of Health Program Improvement at Mathematica
- Katie Eckert, CPA, Vice President, Health Care Payment at the Maryland Hospital Association
A May 27 session included a facilitated roundtable discussion featuring experts from different health care system perspectives.
- Joel Ario, Managing Director, Manatt
- Melody Craff, Ph.D., Director, Strategic Analytic Services and research at Milliman MedInsight
- Michael Chernew, Ph.D., Leonard D. Schaeffer Professor of Health Care Policy at Harvard University; Partner, Value-Based Insurance Design Model; and Chair of the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission